Thursday, January 12, 2012

What is natural?

Over the weekend I had an interesting conversation with my mother.  I was showing her my blog and she stated that she loved the pics of the naturals on each side of the blog.  She questioned my motive behind placing the pics there and I responded that they served as an inspiration for me to stay on the beaten path of maintaining my natural tresses.  She questioned why there were only women of color opposed to other races that are also natural.  There are plenty of other races that also are #natural and devout their hair care routine to maintain their hair naturally.  So, why when I think of being fiercely natural do I only think of women of color?
When I posed this question in my natural hair group on facebook the conversation some people said that a lot of the others nationalities who are “natural” dye their hair, thus ruining their natural state with the color.  Another response was that black women are the one race that have changed their very being just to be considered “norm” in society.  We change our hair color, length and even the texture just to fit in.  So why is reverting back to the natural hair state such a “movement” for African American women?  Why have the other nationalities that have never changed their hair texture being omitted from "our" movement”…..
I dedicate this post to ALL of the naturals out there…








Stay natural ladies...we are ALL beautiful, inside and out....

Love is LOVE

Peace <3




No comments:

Post a Comment